Welcome to the “Stairmaster” Info Page
Get a good workout while listening to music and putting flyers on doors. We meet in groups every weekend to cover a neighborhood in District 7 (see map below). Or do your own route anytime during the week.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “stairmaster” in the subject line. A volunteer coordinator will contact you.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen. Even on cloudy days the sun burns through!
- Wear comfy walking or running shoes.
- Workout clothes recommended, especially material that can whisk sweat.
- Wear layers. District 7 can seem cold and foggy in the morning, but you will warm up after a few doors and the sun will eventually come out.
- Bring a bottle of water. The stairs are a workout.
- Bring a bag with shoulder strap to hold your flyers.
- Many like to listen to music or audio books with earphones while they climb stairs. Everyone likes the exercise and fresh air.
- If you feel tired, stop and rest. This isn't a race and there is nothing to prove. Do whatever you can comfortably do. If you can't finish your map, no problem. Just let us know what remains to be done and we’ll finish it for you.
- Flyers can't go in or near mailboxes! This is illegal.
- Do not put flyers on the porch steps or under door mats. They will blow away or not be noticed.
- Put the flyer on the door itself, either on the door handle or in the door crack.
- You don’t have to knock on doors or talk to people. Just place the flyer. If someone asks, say you’re helping bring common sense to City Hall and hope they vote for Joel. Refer them to the website and email address on the flyer and let them know Joel will answer their email questions directly.